Brent M. Boyd, Shareholder
has been a partner with Murphy & Grantland since 1992. He concentrates his
practice on construction defects, premises liability and employment law.
attending the University of Virginia for his undergraduate degree, Brent,
obtained his juris doctor from the University of South Carolina. He has tried
in state and federal court involving premises liability, automobile accident, construction defects
and general negligence claims.
is currently a member of the National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association
(“NRRDA”) where he serves on the Website Committee and has written several articles for
the organization’s newsletter. He also is a member of the Claims &
Litigation Management Alliance (“CLM”), where he serves on the editorial board
of the Journal of Construction / Real Estate Specialty Board, the Construction
Committee and the South Carolina State Delegation. He is a frequent
speaker at many of the organization’s claims representative continuing
education training seminars.
not only enjoys litigating cases for his clients, but he also enjoys advising
and counseling them on ways to avoid liability in the future. As a result, his clients
have called upon him to review construction contracts and employee handbooks to
ensure they are up to date and legal.
a competitive person who likes to win – for his clients and for himself. He is a
family man who supports his wife and children in their endeavors and interests.
He also likes to volunteer at church, work out, play golf and cheer on his
favorite sports teams.
- South Carolina Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- University of Virginia, B.A.
- University of South Carolina, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- Editorial Board, South Carolina Law Review
- Order of the Wig and Robe
- Order of the Coif
Richland County Bar Association (1993 to present)
- South Carolina Bar (1993 to present)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association
- Defense Research Institute
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association
- Council on Litigation Management
- Construction/Real Estate Specialty Editorial Board for publication, Journal of American Law
- South Carolina State Delegation for CLM